Saturday 25 April 2015

Styling the Fedora

Nicole Scherzinger, Kourtney Kardashian & Mary Kate Olsen sporting the fedora trend
One fashion trend that I'm overly excited about is the Fedora craze. Fedora's made their first signs of appearance last Fall, they continued as a firm favourite during Winter and Spring, and they seem to be holding their place on high street and high end fashion for summer too. This, I am thrilled about. Hello, this means immediate miracles for bad hair days, dull outfit days and an instant spruce to 'I can't be bothered' days!
Admittedly, I'm not the most head-wear savvy person and I often steer away from overly accessorizing an outfit with add-ons like hats, scarves, belts etc. But I must confess, the fedora has become my favourite wardrobe item of the moment. Any time that I am unsure of an outfit, or want to look chic without looking like I've tried too hard, I throw on a fedora. They are both functional and outfit transforming - an absolute win win. Today, I am going to share with you a few outfit ideas showing you how I style my fedora's for both casual and more 'dressy' days.

Look 1 - 'Soft Grunge': Although I'm no stranger to a predominantly all-black outfit, the monochrome checkeredflannel on top of an all black look definitely adds an element of grunge to this outfit style. This outfit is typical of me attempting to look 'girly' without the pink and frills that I steer (well) away from! Dresses are not my go-to, but this is my take on Saina does Spring Stylin'.
Outfit details: Flannel, Topshop - similar here
                       Dress, Asos - here
                       Boots, Topshop - similar here
                       Fedora, Miss Selfridge - here 
                       Bag, Michael Kors chain safiano - here 

Look 2 - 'City Chic': This is an everyday Saina outfit, minus the heels. I'd usually substitute these for a pair of Nike's or New Balances to make the outfit casual. But going with the theme of 'chic', I added a pair of strappy heels to show how versatile fedora styling can be, and how it can be used in aid of dressing up an outfit. Apart from the heels, there's not really much going on in this outfit, and things are kept pretty minimal. This is a perfect example of how the hat transforms what would be a simple outfit to something a little more (effortlessly) stylish.
Outfit details: Faux fur jacket, New Look - here
                       Black vest, Zara - here
                       Coated denim trousers, Zara - here
                       Strappy heels, Asos - similar here 
                       Fedora, Miss Selfridge - here 
                       Bag, Chanel 2.8mm - here

Look 3 - 'Casual for Coffee': If you're ever bound to bump into me, you're more than likely to see me in some rendition of this outfit. Ever since I discovered the world of trainers, I've been loving the exploration of fashion in the sport-luxe world. By adding elements such as the fedora, and a fancy handbag the outfit is instantly lifted from what might look rather masculine (jeans, t-shirt, trainers.. you get my drift) to a fashion-savvy yet comfy outfit.
Outfit details: Faux-fur long waistcoat, Canadian Boutique - similar here 
                       Basic white Tee, Zara - here
                       Ripped knee jeans, Topshop - here
                       Grey fedora, Next - here
                       New Balance 524, here
                       OMG canvas tote, Alphabet bags - here

What do you think of the fedora trend - yay or nay?

Saina
xo



No comments:

Post a Comment