Saturday 16 May 2015

A Few Shades of Grey

 
Admittedly, last week wasn’t the best of British weather meaning my pictures for this outfit post are rather dull – much like the forecast of the minute. Though if every blogger was to wait around for brighter days with the presence of sun, at least for the sake of photos, then we’d be waiting around forever! I hope you’ll excuse the excessive grey of both this outfit and backdrop, at least for the sake of this wonderful canvas tote!


‘The Girl In The Café’ clothing range is the child of coffee lover's blog, Celeste Wong. Before the London Coffee Festival I hadn’t come across this brand or the range of clothing that came with it, but I’m so glad I have now! As you may or may not know (you totally should by now), I have a somewhat serious love affair with coffee, and I know exactly how I like my coffee. ‘Black, Strong, Bitter’. This canvas tote was one of the first things I set my eyes on upon entering the festival - I knew I just had to have it and I’ve been obsessed with it since. I love discovering unique clothing brands that not everyone is flaunting around – there’s something oh-so satisfying knowing not every next person is going to be rocking the same bag as I am. Therefore, I really encourage you to discover smaller (but by no means inferior) fashion brands – you’ll be surprised at the innovative and intricate designs you’ll find that will personally appeal to you as opposed to the masses! More often that not, these brands come with a smaller price tag, making you uber stylish & unique at a lower cost. 


My outfit was a variation of grey tones, from my Topshop ‘Mom’ jeans in an acid grey wash, to my grey-blue fedora from Next. I also opted for an over sized grey jumper (don’t I always) as the weather, as much as we don’t like to admit it, has been rather nippy! In a desperate attempt to layer, and remain stylish, I wore my long, heavy knit Zara cardigan over the top. 
 
 
Finally, on my feet I’m wearing my Primark rose gold double strap sandals – these were probably not the best choice considering it rained shortly after!  

Happy outfit styling, and I hope the weather has been slightly less gloomier for you lovelies. 
Saina xo

4 comments:

  1. When I read "sorry for the excessive grey of this outfit" I was very surprised, since I really like it! I think the fact that the top is a lighter shade of grey than the jeans one makes it more wearable and less "total grey". Really like this post!

    Agnese ♡
    Agnese's Coiffeuse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you - means a lot! I was worried the backdrop and outfit would clash, but honestly I'm a big fan of grey too. It's my version of 'colour'. Happy you liked the post, love getting the feedback!

      Saina xo

      Delete
  2. I love you styled your metallic sandals with the grey hues! :) I nominated you for a Liebster Award! Here's the link: http://bit.ly/1KZf1b4 Can't wait to hear your answers!

    ReplyDelete