Thursday 28 May 2015

How to Make Your Wardrobe Work

 
Outfit planning, to me, sounds a little bit old school and reminds me of the old Sixth Form days where I’d panic over the freedom of not having to wear uniform. Failing that, it reminds me of my desperate attempts to quickly get an outfit together for a ‘night out’ after work. The reality of it is that, outfit planning rarely works – but if it’s done right it can make your life a hell of a lot easier. 

 
1)   Firstly I recommend a tidy workspace. Tidy your room to make it easier to look for that t-shirt you may have lying behind your bed, or that Pandora ring that’s fallen off the side of your bedside table. An organised room makes for a well-organised outfit! 
2)  Start with a more ‘important’ item, and go from there. Sometimes I buy a new scarf and I’m like ‘I want to wear this scarf today’ – that makes it much more difficult to base an outfit around as opposed to choosing a pair of shoes or trousers to plan an outfit around. I recommend starting with your bottoms. 
3)  Now it’s time to jazz up the basis of your outfit – find a top that is well suited to the weather and your trousers. Now that you have your top and bottoms sorted, you have found the main skeleton of your outfit. 
4)  The rest is basically accessories! Shoes, jewellery and jacket if needed. 
5)   Leave the smaller bits to last – scarves, hats, etc. 

 
       Hope this helps you organise your outfits with less faff and hassle. Remember: There are no real rules when it comes to           what you wear. As long as you feel comfortable &you feel great in what you wear, that’s all that matters! Happy styling.

   
      Saina xo

No comments:

Post a Comment