Friday 8 May 2015

Monochrome in Mornington Crescent

Here's another style post, featuring my beloved flared trousers that I've basically been living in at the moment. I found these trousers in New Look - a store I don't tend to shop or find things in, but I've been loving this bargain beauty! When I first showed my mum these trousers she had a moment of 'Oh God, how are you going to make these work?' but I think I've since proved her otherwise. These trousers are super versatile, making them the perfect wardrobe gamble. I've worn them on a night out with heels and a crop top, and I've also worn them looking uber casual with a printed tee and sandals.Today, I was going for dinner and decided to dress somewhere 'in between'.

To avoid looking overly dressed up, or too fancy shmancy, I paired the trousers with a very simple white crop top from Topshop's basics - find similar style here. As always, I relied on my faux leather jacket to give my outfit a little bit of that 'edgy' but 'effortless' oomph - find the jacket I'm wearing here.

Jewelery was kept pretty minimal, and I left the outfit accessories to do the talking - I wore my Miss Selfridge black fedora (this seems to be stuck to my head these days, honestly). As a lover of all things vintage, this cute little tan shoulder bag belonged to my grandmother and I adore its place in my wardrobe. I can't recommend enough taking a trip to your local vintage shops, charity shops and flea markets! You can find unique pieces that make your style stand out, and chances are no one will be rocking the same items. Finally, on my feet I'm wearing my recently bought Primark sliders, these seem to match everything I style so I've already made so much use out of the £3 (?!) price tag.

Saina
xo

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful look and i dig the tattoo! I have a rose myself too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you liked the look!
      Love your blog name, haha.

      Saina
      xo

      Delete