Sunday 3 May 2015

Vintage Shop Browsin' : OOTD

Those in fear of double denim look away! So today I made a trip to one of my favourite London locations in hopes of finding a few vintage gems at a flea market - Angel Islington. The weather was a bit of everything today - we had a few moments of sun yet the wind was in full force today, which made me question my fedora choice one too many times.
Leather jackets are my Spring time staple. They're the perfect addition to any outfit with the right amount of layering and warmth. In London we're at that stage where winter coats are too much though we can't skip jackets totally just yet. This outfit, apart from being an example of how double denim can work, is an example of layering.


The jeans I'm wearing here were bought from Topshop in the mid-season sale for...£5. They are two sizes up from what I usually wear but due to their 'Leigh' style the material is tight, so they don't appear too loose or gather at the legs. Although this exact pair are no longer available, here is a link to a similar pair that are still in stock on the Topshop website.
Yet another Zara basic tee - I'm a sucker for Zara's basics! These are the most flattering tshirts I've found to date, and I love everything from the deep V neck to the light airy material.  
This shirt is an example of how great some vintage finds are - I found this light denim, over sized piece was found in Rokit a few years ago. You can find similar shirts in almost every charity shop!

To accessories, I've kept things pretty basic - don't I always. Obviously, I opted for the Miss Selfridge fedora, again. I'm also wearing my small Michael Kors bag, it's the perfect size for just the necessities - there's nothing worse than rummaging through a flea market with the weight of a heavy bag weighing you down. Finally, on my feet I'm wearing my firkenstocks (fake Birkenstocks) which I bought from Primark last year.

Hope you've been enjoying your Bank Holiday weekend!

Saina
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment