Tuesday 21 July 2015

Byoo-tuh-fuhl: Currently on my face


Hello lovelies!

Today's post is a quick snippet into what my summertime beauty regimen has consisted of. As I'm sure my readers know by now, I tend to suffer with an extremely oily t-zone area on my face - and this is particularly annoying in the warmer months! I mean, there's gorgeous goddess does summertime glow then there's the non-practical greaseball. For all you combination-oily skin ladies, I know you understand the struggle of looking overly shiny! The key to getting a gorgeous, dewy glow? Keep the shine in check.

I've been wearing Chanel's Vita Lumiere Aqua on my skin, this skin base is great because it not only contains SPF 15 (one less stage in my beauty routine) but it's also a water based foundation, which believe-it-or-not is what oily skin is lacking! Dermatologists are always raving about dehydrated skin, and although consuming water is the best option for combating that, but by putting a water based product onto your skin, you can retain moisture beneath cells. A good mattifying powder is also crucial. So I've been reaching for Mac's Mineralize Skin Finish - a light dusting of this accross the forehead and nose does a great job. Remember: only powder the areas where you get particularly oily and this is usually the center of the face.

What about radiancy? Although dry skin gals tend to get away with highlighting better than those with oilier skin, strategic highlighting is still an option! I like to gently dab Mac's Lustre drops onto the high points of my face - the tops of my cheekbones, cupid’s bow and a tiny bit on the bridge of my nose. Remember: avoid areas that are overly textured such as skin blemishes or pimples, or have larger pores as highlighting only emphasizes this!

On my lips, I've been rocking the infamous Velvet Teddy pout. If there's one lipstick that made it big at the start of 2015 it was Mac's matte lip in Velvet Teddy - all thanks to someone's (overly) pouty pout, Kylie Jenner. Paired with Mac's 'Whirl' liner, this creates the illusion of plumper lips, and due to my medium-warm skintone this lipstick appears more as a taupy-nude on me.

What have been some of your summer time skin treats?

Saina
xo




No comments:

Post a Comment